Creating the final spectacle of a polished diamond ring can take years to master. Having an understanding of the construction of such a small object like a diamond ring is in fact very fascinating. If you’re wondering how using traditional Jewellery skills and techniques are used to make a diamond ring, then you might want to watch the video below.
The 8 steps for the construction of a diamond ring.
- The metal is turned and shaped for the diamond.
- The claws are then made for the design of the shank.
- The claws are then attached to the shank.
- The metal for the ring can then be filed and shaped.
- The claws are then polished.
- The claws will now be filed and shaped to hold the diamond in place.
- A final polish is given to achieve the perfect look.
- The new diamond ring is now ready for purchase.